|Network Security Specialist|
|NJ - Newark|
|Madison Sterns, Inc., A National IT Consulting Firm, is currently looking for a senior Network Security Specialist for a direct end customer in Folsom, NJ. Project would start ASAP for a duration of 3-6 months.
*** Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder ***
The Network Security Specialist role is to safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems. This includes researching, recommending, designing, documenting, modifying all things Cyber Security.
· Manage network security including monitoring and administrating security updates, patches and other preventive measures.
· Assist in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures and measures in a networking environment.
· Responsible for firewall configuration & maintenance, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems, performing intrusion detection
· Perform security assessments and reviews networking initiatives for security compliance.
· Prepare status reports on security issues; develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
· Involve in the continual improvement of the network infrastructure and implementation of new security-based technologies.
· Evaluate and recommend security products for various platforms in the networking environment.
· Educate users about network security policies and consults on security issues.
Must Have Skills:
· Bachelor's Degree in the field of computer science or Network engineering and/or the appropriate amount of related work experience.
· Working technical knowledge of RSA hardware and products preferred (NetWitness, eCat, etc.).
· Work experience in building Security Frameworks.
· Work experience with COBIT.
· Command and Control for SCADA and critical infrastructure a plus.
· Preferred certifications in GCIA,GCFA,NCASE,CCNP-Security.
· 3 years of Security experience with JAVA based applications.
· 3 years of Security experience with Oracle and SQL based platforms.
· Working technical knowledge of Network Firewalls.
· Working technical knowledge of TCP/IP
· Working technical knowledge of Risk Based and Profile based authentication.
· Working technical knowledge System Administration.
· Working technical knowledge Network Security.
· Working technical knowledge Information Security Policies.
· Working technical knowledge Firewall Administration.
· Working technical knowledge Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches.
· Experience working with SSL VPN’s.
Would you like to apply to this job?