|MO - St. Louis|
|Madison Sterns, a national IT Consulting company, are looking for a Project Manager for our client in St. Louis. The duration of this engagement is 3 months.
• PM Specific Skills
• Task scheduling/tracking – Client has a very detailed set of tasks that are required for server builds and delivery. This is a methodical process and must be tracked and monitored very closely to ensure tasks are completed and closed to allow the actuation of follow-on tasks. There is such a large amount of builds that are in process constantly that support teams tend to get swamped and the PM must ensure that scheduled tasks are prioritized properly.
• Resource Planning – PMs must provide a detailed resource plan that runs out to the end of each of their programs. This must include all Infrastructure teams and is used for resource planning by each team manager to ensure they have the correct level of manning to support all project and operational support activities.
• Status and Coordination – PMs provided weekly Common Status Reports (CSR) to project sponsors and stakeholders as well as portfolio managers and the Infra PMO Manager. The CSR reports on current and planned activities as well as, Capital/Labor budgets, Issues, Risks, and Milestones.
• Tools – Full MS Office Suite, Visio, MS Project Plan, 2007 & 2010, ESI VPMi Program Management tool, Remedy 7.6 (called iService at Client), Sharepoint, Oracle procurement module (called iProcurement at Client)
• Technical Knowledge Set
• VM Ware or Virtual Servers –Client has adopted a corporate-wide initiative to provide all servers using virtual technologies. It is imperative that a PM be aware of virtual methodologies and jargon.
• SAN and NAS – In concert with virtualization, all storage including OS and server drives are now presented on the network as SAN and NAS.
• Networking – This includes routers, switches, etc. Also in this skill set please be aware that the PM will usually be involved in coordinating network deployments and moving servers behind firewalls, and BIG IP/F5 configurations.
• Active Directory – Client is moving to provide central login credentials using AD, functional and generic ID groups, and LDAP.
Would you like to apply to this job?